If you don't find the answer to your question here, try visiting Best Practices under Training.
How does my company join NJUNS?
If your state is a member of NJUNS, you will just need to email the following to email@example.com:
Coverage Area or Description (including counties)
Email Address (for notification delivery)
Email Address of contact (if different)
What are the system requirements for NJUNS?
- Internet connection and browser.
How do I change how notifications are sent to my company or member code?
The email addresses or mailboxes notifications can be changed by any member of NJUNS staff. For changes, email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the member code and the appropriate changes.
I need to change the member codes in my profile. Can I do it myself?
- You will need to email email@example.com and request to have member codes added or deleted from your profile. Please remember that you can only have access to your company codes. If member codes need to be updated with new information, email firstname.lastname@example.org with that request.
I need to create a PT or PA ticket but I don't see the icons? Where did they go?
The new software no longer uses modules and creating a ticket is done from the same starting point. Choose the ticket type to select the type of ticket being created.
Can NJUNS integrate with my internal systems or database?
Yes. NJUNS will provide help documentation and sample code to our API/Web Services. If you are interested in this, please contact email@example.com
What is a member code?
A member code is a unique 6 character or less identifier for a company and specific geographical area (or description). Member codes are used by the utilities to notify the appropriate parties in regards to joint use communication. A list of active member codes can be found on our web site at www.njuns.com under the Members tab.
How do I obtain a login to NJUNS?
All new users, working for a company with a NJUNS member code, may obtain a login by visiting www.njuns.com, clicking on register today at the bottom of the page and filling out the form. Once your registration has been accepted/rejected, you will receive a conformation email.
Does NJUNS provide training and is it free?
- NJUNS provides regular training webinars that users can attend at no cost. To see the schedule, go to www.njuns.com and click Training.
- NJUNS also provides help documentation in the form of a users’ guide and tutorial videos. These are available by clicking on Training as well.
What is a priority code?
A priority code is a single digit option for a ticket. For PT Tickets, each state can define them. There are no definitions for Pole Attachment and is not required. Many states have standardized their priority codes for the state. If your state has standardized such a list, it can be found under your state's State Portfolio. If you have questions on this topic, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I need to email the parties after I save a ticket?
No, NJUNS electronic notification is automated. Tickets that are NOT in draft status are automatically sent out in email whenever they are created or updated depending on the rules set up and the type of update. All parties will get an email when a ticket is created and when they are Next to Go. In Pole Attachment, both parties are notified of updates.
I am a contractor. Can I have access to NJUNS?
- Contractors work on behalf of our members with their approval. NJUNS also requires that we have a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) on file for the contracting company. If you register for an account by clicking on Need to Register
from our website, someone will contact you if there are questions.